Internship Opportunity: I’m Hiring! by chicute
When I look at all the strong boss ladies in my life, they all have a few things in common: they’re ambitious, detail-oriented, have the ability to think outside of the box, and most importantly? They know when to ask for help.
I’ve wanted to keep Alicia Tenise a one-woman show for a long time, but at this point? I just need a little bit of assistance. That’s where you might come in.
I’m looking to hire a rockstar intern. Yes, this internship opportunity is paid. Yes, it will be a lot of work. And yes, trust me, you’ll have some fun doing it.
To be honest, I tried to hire an intern back in fall of 2015…and I didn’t find anyone who was the right fit. There’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that you don’t see: I spend endless hours on emails, photoshoot prep often takes days, and a good chunk of my day is spent reading through contracts and following up on projects. Sadly, I’m noticing that I’m spending less time actually creating content, and more time dealing with other stuff. While there are some great perks of the job, there’s also a ton of grunt work — please keep this in mind before applying!
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
- 3-Month internship opportunity (trial period with possible extension)
- Available approx. 10 hours a week (flexible and subject to differ weekly)
- Mostly virtual; we’ll meet in person once a month, have Facetime/Skype meetings 1x/week, and plan on going to at least 4 events/month
- Stipend provided at end of internship
- College credit available
Who I’m Looking For:
- College students preferred (Age 21+ is a plus, but not required!)
- Must have awesome communication/writing skills
- Intermediate photography skills
- Strong understanding of blogging, social media & online marketing
- Skilled in social media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest
- Own a laptop & smartphone
- Be able to commute to events in the Washington, D.C. area
- Bonus: you have graphic design (Photoshop) skills
Your job duties:
- Assist with social media management
- Client relationship management
- Assist with event planning and TV segment preparation
- Manage blog editorial and social media calendar
- Assist with blog photography and photoshoots
- Fashion Styling
- Attend Events
- and more!
What You’ll Learn:
- How to negotiate like a boss
- Photography + photoshop tips and tricks (these helped me land jobs when I was working in marketing)
- How to pitch brands
- The ins and outs of the blogging industry
How to apply for this internship opportunity:
Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following:
- Why You Want to Work for Alicia Tenise in 140 characters or less (no cover letters, please!)
- Links to social media accounts you have worked on and if you have a website and/or blog
- In Subject Line Write “Alicia Tenise Digital Internship — (Your Name)”