Super Easy No Bake Cannoli Cones by chicute
Looking for an easy way to make cannoli? These no bake cannoli cones are fun to make. You don’t need to use the oven or stove and there is no deep-frying or dough-making involved here. So if you want to keep cool while the weather is warming up, this is a nice dessert recipe. These ice cream cone cannolis with creamy ricotta cannoli filling are adorable, and they make a great dessert if you’re craving some Italian flavours! This is an easy no bake dessert recipe that tastes delish!
Ingredients for No-Bake Cannoli Cones
You will need sugar cones to make this easy no-bake dessert recipe. For the creamy ricotta cannoli filling, you’ll want ricotta, cream, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and chocolate chips.
As for the toppings, you can use your imagination. This is already a very easy way to make cannoli. Getting to decorate them is the ‘icing on the cake’ (or the most fun part!)
How to Make Them
First you will melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. You can also put any toppings you want to have in a dish. Dip the cones in the melted chocolate chips and also dip the rims in the toppings if you’re using some.
The next step in this easy no-bake dessert recipe is to prepare the ricotta. Use a cheesecloth or similar and squeeze as much moisture out of the ricotta as you can. Repeat this step — it might surprise you how much liquid comes out.
Now you can mix the powdered sugar and cinnamon into the ricotta. Whip the cream and add this into the creamy ricotta cannoli filling as well. Now you can pipe the filling into the cones. Finally decorate them with more toppings.
Toppings for No-Bake Cannoli Cones
The fun part is deciding which toppings you want to add. You can use as few or as many as you want. Some options include:
- Turbinado sugar
- Crushed nuts (peanuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans etc)
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Chopped maraschino cherries (glace cherries)
- Diced raisins
- Chopped dried cranberries
- Shredded coconut
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed cookies
Get creative and see which others you can think of. Crushed cereal? Crushed pretzels? I’m sure you can think of more!
Can I Use Mascarpone instead of Ricotta?
Although ricotta is the traditional choice for cannolis, mascarpone makes an appearance in some cannoli recipes.
Ricotta, which is Italian for ‘recooked’ is made from the whey leftover from cheese production. The whey is the liquid that is left after milk is curdled and strained. So technically it’s a cheese-based product but not an actual cheese.
Ricotta is fluffy, light and moist and often found in lasagne, calzone and Italian desserts. It’s low in fat and a bit grainy in texture.
Mascarpone, on the other hand, is more tart which means it can overpower mild-tasting ingredients. Some home cooks prefer to use it because it’s thicker than ricotta so won’t make dishes soggy. The choice is yours.
If you don’t like the grainy texture of ricotta, use half ricotta and half mascarpone or just mascarpone for these ice cream cone cannolis.
Some Tips and Variations
As well as swapping the ricotta for mascarpone, there are some other changes you could make. Try adding a marshmallow or fresh berry to the cone before piping in the creamy ricotta cannoli filling. Talking of the filling, why not add some orange zest or a few drops of vanilla?
Switch the semi-sweet chocolate chips for which chocolate chips or another kind. These simple no-bake cannoli cones will be great with any kind of chocolate.
If you don’t have a piping bag, you can snip the corner off a Ziploc bag and use that instead. This is an easy way to make cannoli.
These are best served right away but you might like to add a little gelatin into the ricotta mixture to keep it stable for longer or else you can make the chocolate-dipped cones ahead and pipe the filling in when it’s time to serve.
Why Everyone Loves Cannoli
Clemenza in ‘The Godfather’ is known for saying, ‘leave the gun, take the cannoli.’
And I have to say I know exactly what he meant!
I really do love this easy no-bake dessert recipe. Ice cream cone cannolis are a great shortcut if you want all the cannoli flavour and texture without having to deep fry anything or work with dough.
If you like these ice cream cone cannolis, you might also like Lemon Ricotta Amaretti Budino, Nutella Oreo Mousse Cups or Irresistible Air Fryer S’more Pie Pops with Nutella.
Easy No Bake Cannoli Cones Recipe
Super Easy No Bake Cannoli Cones
Keyword: No Bake
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Looking for an easy way to make cannoli? These no bake cannoli cones are fun to make. These ice cream cone cannolis with creamy ricotta cannoli filling are adorable, and they make a great dessert! This is an easy no bake dessert recipe that tastes delish!
Print Save Saved!
- 15 Oz. ricotta cheese whole milk variety
- 3/4 Cup whipping cream heavy
- 2/3 Cup icing sugar
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips minis
- 9 ice cream cones sugar cones are what I used
- 4 Tbsp. Shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. Turbinado sugar
- 4 Tbsp. peanuts Crushed or walnuts, pistachios, or almonds
- 9 Cocoa nibs
- 3 Tbsp. Sprinkles
- 9 Maraschino Cherries
- In a small microwave safe dish, melt the semi- sweet chocolate chips. If you are adding any toppings to the rim of your cones, pour some of the toppings onto a small plate and set aside.
- Once the chocolate is melted, begin dipping the tops of the cones into the chocolate, about and inch deep. If you are adding toppings to the rim of your cones, while the chocolate is still wet roll the cones into your topping of choice. Set finished cone aside to cool and harden
- While your cones are cooling, take your ricotta cheese and scoop it into the center of a piece of cheesecloth or a clean flour sack style towel. (it is best to do this step over an empty bowl or sink) Gather all the edges of the towel and twist as tight as you can. This will help drain any liquid that is inside of the ricotta.
- After the ricotta has been drained, take it out of the towel and put it into a bowl of a mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar and cinnamon to the ricotta and mix until well combined. Set aside
- Whip your heavy cream to stiff peaks, when complete, pour your ricotta mixture into the bowl with the whipped cream and fold to combine
- Pour your ricotta whipped cream into a piping bag. Starting at the bottom of the cooled chocolate dipped cones pipe the cream into the cones. Set the finished cone aside upright. If you do not have an ice cream cone holder, you can use wine glasses or a cardboard box with holes cut out of the top to set the cones in
- Continue filling all of your cones. Once all filled, you can top with any topping of your choice.
- Best served right away. If you need to make in advance, stop after step 6 and store the cream in an airtight container in the fridge, and the cones in a separate airtight container on the counter. Fill cones immediately before serving
If you do not have a piping bag, you can easily make your own using a zip top plastic bag, fill it with the cream,
then snip one of the bottom corners.
The more liquid you squeeze out of the ricotta mixture the better!
If you need a little extra time before serving and are worried about the ricotta whipped cream melting, you can
add a stabilizer such as gelatin to the ricotta whipped cream. This will help keep it a bit more stable
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 509IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1mg
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
You can choose whatever toppings you want for your no bake cannoli cones. They’re also perfect for any occasion you can think of. National Cannoli Day is June 16th so bookmark this recipe and come back to it. These ice cream cone cannolis would be the perfect thing for a warm summer day!
Let me know if you try out these no bake cannoli cones. This is an easy no bake dessert recipe that tastes delish! These ice cream cone cannolis with creamy ricotta cannoli filling will become a family favourite. This is the easy way to make cannoli, and you need to give it a try soon.